After braising some beef for Paleo Tostadas, I wanted a salsa that would add a high note to the savory beef, but without bombarding your mouth with the sharpness of raw garlic. Now, this won’t be a salsa that you’d use for everything, but if you have well seasoned protein that just needs a little fresh lift, this one is perfect. It’s also super fast and requires no special equipment.
You will need:
- 4 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3-4 TBSP cilantro, chopped
- a half or full serrano or jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
- juice of half a lime
- a couple grinds of black pepper
Prepare ingredients and combine. If you find that you need some salt, add a pinch of it directly to your salsa once you’ve dished up your meal. Adding salt to with all the other ingredients in this case (without a water base), will start to break down the tomatoes and turn them into a soggy mess.