Time for a Whole30! Do it with me?

Alas, the time has finally come for me to embark on a Paleo milestone… completing a Whole30. And you know what? I’m excited! It Starts With Food is one of the best books for understanding Paleo and includes a popular thirty day challenge at the end of it. I’m ready to give it a go! Of course, it wouldn’t be very nice of me to keep this challenge to myself, so I’m hoping a few of you will join me.

Here what you need to do:

Whole30 Challenge October 2013 | Popular Paleo

I fully believe in the statement on the back cover of this book: Food can change your life in unexpected ways.  I think we all know how food can have a negative impact, either from personal experience in our own lives or from watching others around us. Let’s see what can be done when we do a 180 degree shift focusing exclusively on foods without any negative baggage!

It Starts With Food is a must-have when living the Paleo life. In fact, it’s one of two books that I recommend to people who are curious about Paleo and want to see what it’s all about.  I keep it with me as a reference for answering your questions and for reminding myself why it’s essential that I keep doing what I do.

A Whole30 Challenge is no joke. If you aren’t currently Paleo, this program will clean up your body’s act and bring about inspiring changes in your health and lifestyle. Really any Paleo challenge or transformation program will do that though, so don’t think I’m pushing Whole30 as the only way to accomplish some big health goals. However, I think that the chapters leading up to the challenge itself are essential reading! If you are currently Paleo, then you already know the value of tightening up the food ship from time to time to bring things back to center.  Either way, it’s a good gig.  I mean, exactly what harm can come from it?

Buy the book. Read the book. Join me for 30 days in October.

Here’s what you’ll get from me during the challenge:

• Free (like always) original recipes
  • An example to follow (hey, it’s gonna be hard for me not to make an almond flour muffin too!)
  • Practical advice and encouragement along the way

What you give YOURSELF will be a clean slate and renewed health! Way better than anything I’m gonna write about…

What's in it for you. | Popular Paleo
OK, so think about it — but don’t over-think it!! Make a commitment. Get familiar with the program and stick close to me here and on Facebook!

Comments

1. nancychesnutt says

I’ve been reading the book and going slowly into the Paleo lifestyle, but that’s not really good; I just need to jump in, so Oct. 1st I’ll start, too! Thanks for doing this. DH isn’t really interested so it will be good to do it with others. Maybe he will be tempted to try some new recipes, or be tempted when he sees how much better I’ll feel after starting this! Collecting recipes, stocking my pantry, and finishing the book are next.

• says

This is exciting!!!!! I am the only committed Paleo-er in my family of four, so I can relate to having to do this kind of thing solo. Not ideal, but not impossible! I will suggest checking out PrimalPal — they are an online meal planning service with some pretty unique features! You can do a 10-day trial to see if it will work for you: http://tinyurl.com/PrimalPal They have a meals specifically for the Whole30 program! It might be helpful as you prepare over the next week. :-)

2. Maria says

I’m in too! I have the book and have been reading it (along with other blogs sites). I’ve been planning a time to start and found your blog (Thank You!). Definitely a sign to get a move on and join you on October 1st! Looking forward to it. Thx.

3. Colette Marceau says

Count me in! Is there a better month for the Whole30 than October? NO! Halloween candy taunts me at every turn. I’m looking forward to it!!

• says

Yay!!! I agree on the timing — My kids are getting settled into their new school routine now so I have plenty of time to prep for it and there are no major holidays to account for. Perfect.

Glad you’re joining me!!

4. Sara says

Sign me up! Have the book, have read it and I am ready to go! Think I might start on 9/16, do a Whole45 : ) Can’t wait!!!

5. Fran says

I would LOVE to start a Whole 30! I have the book, I am “mostly” paleo, and I really do not like paleo baked goods, so I think they are all in my favor to start!
    I’m in. Thanks for giving enough heads up to join and grocery shop in plenty of time.

• says

Sweet! Yes, get your meal plans and your shopping lists ready to go! This is gonna be good! Also, PrimalPal is a great online meal planning service that has a ton of Whole30 recipes on file to choose from. If you’re looking for some help in that department, I definitely recommend them! http://tinyurl.com/PrimalPal

6. Marco says

I’ve done the whole30 and let me say that it’s been an incredible ride. I’m 37 and have been doing crossfit for the past 2 years. I’ve gone from 228lbs to 200lbs during the actual 30 day process. I went on to 60 days and am down to 181lbs. My work capacity has skyrocketed! My 1 mile pace has gone from 8:45 to 6:40 and, I can now do ring muscle ups! I did this to initially lose weight but, now it’s has been a complete lifestyle change. I will tell you that my strength did decline some. I went from a 405 back squat to a 365 back squat. My girl WODs time have declined by extraordinary times. Probably the best part was introducing new foods and finding this website that offered many great recipes.