Phew! What a whirlwind the past few months have been since I signed off (temporarily) back in December. I’m super excited to tell you that while I was away, I wrote a book! Like a real one–with physical pages and stuff.
The Frugal Paleo Cookbook will hit shelves December 2014 and is currently available for pre-order right now on Amazon and Barnes & Noble! Buy it at a discount now while it’s still on pre-sale. Cause it totally makes sense to buy a budget book on sale.
I’ve created exclusive recipes that highlight how to make this Paleo thing happen without spending more than you need to on food. We all know it’s pricy to purchase top notch ingredients, so allow me to show you how to shop smart and maximize your budget.
The Frugal Paleo Cookbook features over 100 recipes that won’t have you on a wild goose chase all over town trying to find hazelnut flour or organic coconut nectar. This is real food for real families. You’re gonna love it. From veggie-loaded casseroles to anything-but-boring chicken recipes and more ways to make pork than a proper girl should write about, I cannot wait for you guys to get your hands on a copy of your own!
What you’ll find in The Frugal Paleo Cookbook:
- Over 100 recipes that span every flavor profile from classic American casseroles and easy familiar favorites to exotic Indian and traditional spicy Szechuan dishes — I’ve got it all!
- Practical insights for saving money, maximizing the purchases you do make and how to make the most out of every meal from someone who depends on these principles herself. I mean, cause context matters after all.
- Recipes for eggs, beef, chicken, pork, seafood and vegetables… Ya know, the stuff you depend on for maintaining a healthy lifestyle rooted in the utmost nutrient-dense ingredients. Treats are great, but this is food that will feed you day in and day out.
- 15 Salt-Free 5-Ingredient or Less Spice Blends that make it easy to twist up kale chips, mayo, roasted veggies or grilled protein with a host of different flavors instantly! The Frugal Paleo Cookbook helps you take the guess work out of meal planning and keep you from getting into ruts with tools like these handy spice blends.
- Basics like quality bone broths, creamy cashew sauce, homemade mayonnaise, crispy oven-made sweet potato chips and a delicious and creative way to stretch guacamole.
- A foreword written by the one and only, Ms. Melissa Joulwan from The Clothes Make The Girl and the wildly successful books Well Fed and Well Fed 2! Mel’s blog and her first book, Well Fed, convinced me that maybe I would survive if I tried out the Paleo diet and here I am just a couple years later with my own blog and now a book. Totally a full circle moment for me with my personal Paleo hero.
But don’t take my word for it. Here’s what others are saying about this cookbook:
Stuff it, naysayers: saving money doesn’t mean skimping on taste. Eating nourishing food can be affordable, accessible, and inventive, and Ciarra proves it with her amazing recipes in The Frugal Paleo Cookbook.
Michelle Tam, New York Times bestselling author of Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans
The Paleo community has been waiting for this book! How Ciarra was able to stay practical and affordable without sacrificing flavor and fun is beyond me, but she did it – and she did it phenomenally well.
Liz Wolfe, NTP, author of Eat the Yolks
Ciarra has woven together her knack for creating dishes that taste amazing with her money-saving know-how to bring you this book. Packed with tips for stretching your buck The Frugal Paleo Cookbook will help you stay on budget and keep you healthy, too!
Stephanie Gaudreau, Creator of Stupid Easy Paleo & author of The Paleo Athlete
The main complaint I hear from people who are beginning paleo is that it is so expensive. Well now there is a solution! The Frugal Paleo Cookbook will get rid of that complain all together! Ciarra has come up with meals that keep the whole family satisfied while keeping extra money in your pocket! There is officially no excuse to not try paleo with this cookbook!
Juli Bauer, best selling author of The Paleo Kitchen and creator of PaleOMG
Ciarra had one intention while writing this book. To create delicious food that anyone can create, afford and enjoy, and she succeeded. The recipes are phenomenal and use readily accessible ingredients. This book belongs in every kitchen, and your bank account will thank you.
George Bryant, New York Times Best Selling author of The Paleo Kitchen
With one of the most frequent reasons people find the Paleo lifestyle difficult being price, The Frugal Paleo Cookbook tackles that problem head on with bright, colorful, nourishing foods that will heal your body without robbing your bank!
Stacy Toth & Matthew McCarry, bestselling authors and the Paleo Parents
And now for a sneak peek…
If you are new to Paleo or are trying to decide if a diet that omits grains, dairy, soy, legumes and refined sugars would be possible, I hope that this book can be to you what Well Fed was for me — a game changer.