So the Paleo diet by its simplest definition is meat, eggs, fish, vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds and healthy fats, right? This makes eggs for breakfast a no-brainer. I know that when I first committed to Paleo about this time last year I was stoked to be able to throw down on veggie-scrambles with bacon every morning or Scotch Eggs with avocado. I went through dozens of eggs a week!
After a while it can (and does) lose its luster. I don’t have time, or the desire really, to whip up Paleo muffins and pancakes all the time. It’s just not practical and I think it kinda sends the wrong message to my brain about what breakfast should be. Yet I still want some variety on my plate. Personally, I am so happy that someone put together a cookbook dedicated to egg-free, grain-free breakfasts that are nutrient-dense and 100% Paleo!
Awaken goes beyond bacon and eggs to showcase over 30 awesome breakfast recipes — many of which have hidden veggies used in such creative ways! I seriously would have never thought of these ideas! Let me show you (psssst… that Blueberry Porridge is made from cauliflower!):
I love this book because it:
- keeps me eating nutrient-rich foods first thing in the morning in creative ways!
- balances my egg intake each day since I like to have hard-boiled eggs and Scotch Eggs for lunch and snacks
- gives me an idea of what I would eat if I’m ever brave enough to commit to an autoimmune protocol one day
- breaks down common egg substitute instructions into an easy chart! So valuable!
Why you will like it:
- tracks carb intake for those of you seeking to lose weight through limiting carbohydrates
- allergic to eggs? you’re covered.
- provides a detailed pantry-stocking checklist to get you set up to cook completely grain-free!