Here’s how to make basic roasted garlic:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (204°C)
- Remove excess skin from the head of garlic and slice off the top just enough to expose a few of the cloves.
- Place in a ramekin or on a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Cover the ramekin with foil or secure the foil packet so that no air or oil escapes.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove the garlic from the oven and allow to cool slightly before handling (opening the packet will release hot steam).
Did you know that sweet potatoes, spaghetti squash, and garlic all roast for the same time and temperature?
How about that for a meal prep tip? Prep the spaghetti squash like you normally would for roasting, scrub your sweet potatoes and poke several times with a fork (this releases steam while they bake), and then prepare the garlic as directed above. Arrange everything in a pre-heated oven, set a timer for 40 minutes, and bask in the glory of multi-tasking like a boss!